Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Msn Plus!

Asfand

Would it be possible for you to also add the MSN Messenger Plus by Patchou addon's version.

SimXP

Messenger Plus! (www.msgplus.net) is a wonderful, free program for MSN and windows messenger, incorporating many more functions into it. However, Patchou (the developer) has seen fit to include lop.com spyware in his latest version, 2.10.36. However, it is hardly changed from 2.10.35. The latest version, since he is 'testing out' the advert progam, does have an option to not install it - however, if the 'testing' is sucessful, he may make it mandatory. I do not begrudge him wanting a little money (he does have to pay for the web site and downloads hosting, after all) but if we offer 2.10.35 here we give people the choice, and if its hosted here, we're not using up his bandwidth. Everyone wins.

How about it?

t94xr

I would like to reject claims that MsgPlus! 2 has spyware!!!!

sure the included software may have - but Messenger Plus DOES NOT!
    I can even get a written claim stating that MsgPlus doesnt!

MsgPlus is a FREE program! Patchou nor Fraisie DOES NOT MAKE ANY MONEY FROM THE USE OF THIS PROBLEM! But due to the popup blocks that users have Patchou was forced to add this extra application to his program to make sure he can pay next wks rent with out his fioncee covering him...

Patchou has ensured if you do not install the optional 3rd party program that is packaged with MsgPlus you will not install any viruses, or spy/adware install with the 3rd party program!

MsgPlus itself as a program is still and will always stay 100% spyware & adware free!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Install the new version when u soon upgrade to MSN Messenger 6 - hez working on it!!
    I recommend you go & learn more about basic logic and simple program installation rules! Like, if you do not chose it to be installed, unless it is 100% compulsory the installation will not install it!
    Thats with ANYTHING! MsgPlus is just the same - if you dont want the 3rd party include - IT WILL NOT INSTALL!

some people <_<

SimXP

sure the included software may have [spyware] - but Messenger Plus DOES NOT&#33;
    By that logic, no program that comes with spyware &#39;has spyware&#39;. For instance, I doubt you would refute that Kazaa has spwaye - yet it in itself does not, the bundled cydoor application does.
    MsgPlus is a FREE program&#33; Patchou nor Fraisie DOES NOT MAKE ANY MONEY FROM THE USE OF THIS... Patchou was forced to add this extra application to his program to make sure he can pay next wks rent
    I do not begrudge him for wanting money (he does have to pay for the web site and downloads hosting, after all), as I said in my original post. By hosting the program here, it would (theoretically) save him money, in saved bandwidth hosting fees.
    Patchou has ensured if you do not install the optional 3rd party program that is packaged with MsgPlus you will not install any viruses, or spy/adware install with the 3rd party program&#33;
    As I said in my original post, you are correct, you do have an option to not install it - however, if the &#39;testing&#39; is sucessful, he may make it mandatory. As you said, he has a right to earn some money off this.
    I recommend you go & learn more about basic logic and simple program installation rules&#33; Like, if you do not chose it to be installed, unless it is 100% compulsory the installation will not install it&#33;
    Yes, but as I said in my original post, there is a possibility that in the future he will make it "100% compulsory".
    if you dont want the 3rd party include - IT WILL NOT INSTALL
    As I said in my original post, since he is at the moment &#39;testing out&#39; the advert progam, there is an option to not install it - however, if the &#39;testing&#39; is sucessful, he may make it mandatory.

I&#39;m starting to wonder if you actually read my post. I also do not see your objection to having it hosted here. You seem to have based your entire argument on the fact that the advert program is not compulsory. But that is a nonissue, and is certainly not an argument for not hosting the program here, at oldversion.com. If we offer a selection of versions of Messenger Plus&#33;, including 2.10.35 here, we give people the choice, and if its hosted here, we&#39;re saving him some bandwidth. Everyone wins.

t94xr

what are you an idiot?

Yes Kazaa has spyware - any idiot with an IQ knows that...

But one thing I do know is that Patchou will never make it compulsory to install the software - he hates this Gator program just as much as everyone else&#33;
    I know he wont cuz Fraisie said he wont. Im good friends with her...
    ... it would (theoretically) save him money, in saved bandwidth hosting fees.
    Wrong, he doesnt have a bandwidth limit, on his server - heck he gave a huge chunk of his 1GB capacity to his Fraisie (www.fraisie.net) as their annerversay present.

As I would like to say - Patchou will never force the 3rd party application on a user in the installation&#33;
    He just gets paid to include it - Its unethical and will may possibly destory the entire community if he ever decided to.

MsgPlus is the oldest MSN addon - its proven itself to be the one to beat the test of time...

And I would like to say again - the addon program "Gator" may have spyware in the code of that program, but thats for Gator decide, Patchou will never lose the integrety of his code being infested with "spyware" or "adware" by 3rd party programs.

Those programs are in themselves are self contained within the downloaded msgplus install file. MsgPlus code specifically has NEVER nor will it EVER have those sorts of code within it. Any unethical dealings with Gator or the 3rd party program, is and will never specifically involve MsgPlus, Fraisie, or Patchou.
    He is not employed by the 3rd party program he just gets paid to make it optional in the installation...
    IT WILL NEVER BE FORCED ON A USER TO INSTALL THE THIRD PARTY PROGRAM&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

And I would like to comment on your "testing" thing - THE DAMN THING IS PAST ITS TESTING&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Patchou will never release outside the community a Testing version. I was involved within the testing myself, and I would like to know why if he is an extremely talented programmer, why would he release a program to the general public that he knows could cause a computer to crash&#33;
    MsgPlus 2 was not released until the testing was over&#33; The new update of msgplus.net was not uploaded until the public release of msgplus was built.

Instead of not knowing about what your talking about, CAN YOU PLEASE ACTUALLY GO INTO THE FORUM AND LEARN YOU F***&#39;NG NUMNSKULL&#33;

If you visit the main site you&#39;ll notice the newer versions within V2, are actually builds, thier actually released install files, just with minor updates. Nothing big...

I am not a heavy MsgPlus fan but I do know how ethical he is, Patchou isnt some oblivious programmer with a talent, he is a programmer that knows the pro&#39;s and con&#39;s of computers. He knows that Windows XP has flaws in the security it couldnt hold water, he knows that adware and spyware is unethical and an extremely bad thing to do, Patchou is a better programmer you could ever dream of...

I suggest you find out more than you think you know about the internet and computers, so you can stop playing around with your little programs and stop being a script kiddy and grow and advance yourself to the level most children finishing Secondary school are and get over the fact that your not smarter than everyone else&#33;

oh and the 3rd party program is the 3rd part programs area, Patchou has no say in their operation - Patchou will never force it to be installed on a computer, and Patchou will never release a program that is still in BETA/Testing stage, to the general public&#33;

idiots these days

Grandma (moderator)

t94xr

Will you be so kind and try to control yourself. If you can’t discuss a topic in a decent adult way, do not.

There are no needs for personal attacks like the ones you are posting. Everyone has the right to express his/her opinion without being called an ‘idiot’ and other similar things.

You have the right as everyone else to discuss the different topics and opinions in this forum, but most of the members manage to do this in an adult way, without using rude language and personal comments about the other members’ mental capacities.

If you still can’t manage to control your temper, use the PM for these discussions.

FatMoo13

Was just wondering if there&#39;s any chance of getting/finding a version of MSN Plus that would be compatible with MSN Messenger version 4.5???
    My version 4.6 died on me yesterday........was finally able to sign on again last night by installing version 4.5 - but now my Plus&#33; is gone/not working.

Ive been looking for mp2 because it works with win 95, but i cant seem to find it. Can anyone help me. Send me something at freeindeed33@hotmail.com, if u know any thing.