Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

a download accelerator that can increase download speeds by up to 400 percent.
    mmmh maybe a little extravagant I wonder what percentage of users it has done this for, sounds a bit like those emails I get offering to increase my breast size.
    Whats wrong with good old K.F.C.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Goslow@Sep 5 2003, 06:22 AM
    a download accelerator that can increase download speeds by up to 400 percent.
    mmmh maybe a little extravagant I wonder what percentage of users it has done this for,
    well, i think it might also have gzip built into it, which can compress UNCOMPRESSED data on the net, that someone is downloading, so if you were getting a large text file, if the server supports gzip compression, and the downloader does as well. it can compress the file, therefore it CAN save you time downloading. the 400% statement, i don't know where they get that. Prolly from the same laboratory they said a 17inch monitor had really only 15 viewable, that CD-ROM drives could hit 52x (only at the last -smallest part of the CD, maybe). claims, claims its all hype.

Super Moderator

a couple more download managers

• Fresh Download , is an easy-to-use and very fast download manager software that turbo charges downloading files. Unlike any other similar utilities, this software is 100% free, no charges, no banners in the software (which steal your bandwidth) , no spyware.
    • NetPumper is a new Download Manager that makes downloading files from the Internet easier, faster and safer.
    • NetAnts allows you to easily perform batch downloads from the Internet, either totally unattended, or while you're surfing with your favorite web browser.
    • DLExpert not only can your unfinished download be resumed, but you'll also find the download time to be shorter, compared to downloading directly with your Internet browser.
    • Star Downloader
    • Leechget
    • MetaProducts Download Express FREE, MetaProducts Download Express is a small (about 400 Kb) MS Internet Explorer plugin application.

Pennywise

Hi Guys,

I have been through a variety of download managers, (Getright, DAP, Freshdownload, Leechget 2004, Leechget, Star downloader) and at the moment i am using Getright 5.2 beta 2 and its ok.. But what download manager is the best?

What do you think is the best? Where can i get it? And why you use it?

Kazza-Matazaa

I have tryed heaps of download manager and i cant find one to keep im using getright 5.2 beta 2 at the moment, what ddownload managers do you all like? ands why

Originally posted by Kazza-Matazaa@Jul 9 2004, 04:34 AM
    I have tryed heaps of download manager and i cant find one to keep im using getright 5.2 beta 2 at the moment, what ddownload managers do you all like? ands why
    no one can really point you to a good download manager as there are so many all as good as one another,try searching the requests section download managers have been requested recently and many views on them pointed out by members and guests, its a matter of personal preference really. one may think a particular app is great whilst another may think it difficult and not like it at all, many sites such as www.snapfiles.com have a section of both freeware and shareware download managers which all have a decent explanation of their functions, i personally use download express freeware you can try it from this link http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/download...der/fwdown.html

exactly ,try to do this always before posting (on any board) otherwise it makes it harder for everyone to find the information they want.Just add your question to an existing post like it says here
    Pinned: Howto Request an App
    Please Read BEFORE Posting Requests

SoberTillNoon

Well, I will not tell you a good dl manager, because I don't use them, and the mod might get mad at me. However, I will tell you this: When I did mess with a few of them, they were littered with spyware. It would do you good to run a spyware check on your system.

-W-

WarLord

Search Google for Winget..

It integrates into Mozilla and IE, without Ad/Spyware and is very small,nonbloated and fast with multiple threads..

The companys website is down but you can find it on several sites..

SoberTillNoon

I'll have to look for that.

-W-