Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Someone suggested Easy Messenger, and I downloaded it, and it works really well. Except that I can't change my screenname for MSN Messenger now. Does anyone know how to change it?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by mrtroubles@Sep 29 2003, 01:18 PM
    i've heared that they r going to let the msn by money that what i've read in the news paper and emailed to from friends is that true...??
    Did you get this via email, did it say you had to pay to use MSN?
    alot of people send around chain-emails stating you have to pay for ICQ or yahoo or msn, and stuff.
    do not believe anything, unless it is on the OFFICAL site, which happens to be Microsoft. So check their site first. To see if these rumours are true.
    http://msnmessenger-download.com/

There was reports of Microsoft charging other chat client developers for access to their MSN server. but that would not affect you, unless you were one of the developers of a chat client which uses the MSN servers

Super Moderator

Originally posted by AquaHarmony@Sep 29 2003, 09:10 AM
    I wish I would have read ahead of time, these posts and replies, before I started my own posts.* The MSN messenger issue of being forced to use a newer version, I find is happening to everyone else.* As I said in my post, the newer versions have too many bells and whistles.* The older versions worked fine.* The IM chat window in the newer one, you can't even minimize it to your specifications, because it contains so much crap.* I don't need constant access to my chat buddies listing.* Heck, just click on the icon in the time tray, if I want that info.* I can't stand the newer versions of MSN messenger, and I really can't stand the fact, I am being forced to use what MSN thinks is best.* Can't we go to their web-site and flood them with complaints??? [COLOR=blue]

****Nevermind, after reading countless other posts, I have realized I MAY be forced to use the new crap.****
    It is always best to read through the previous postings before posting your question, for the simple fact that, what you might ask, might have been answered already, and this would give you an immediate answer, instead of waiting for someone else to reply.

also, please check this previous post for many alternative chat clients which may solve your problems.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=1238

mj

does anyone have the installation file for internet explorer 5 that they could email me? mjcollins@nexicom.net

Super Moderator

Originally posted by mj@Jan 25 2004, 04:31 PM
    does anyone have the installation file for internet explorer 5 that they could email me? mjcollins@nexicom.net
    ? thats good that you added your request to a previous thread, except that this thread deals with the messenger. You should have searched the forum, the answer is very easy to find. Or posted atleast into a thread for Internet Explorer, had you done this, then you would have found your answer.
    Check the links provided to you by beanboy89, that should provide you with an answer.

CurlyQ

Alright -- I d/led that site thta many of you had posted -- But whenever I download the IE5.5-- it copies and everything..And then it opens some sort of file, And so I restarted my computer to see if any changes had been made and there wasnt -- What am I suppose to do with that file that d/led??-PLEASE HELP!

Super Moderator

Depending on what type of file it is, you neglected to mention, you will either unzip, if it is a zip file, or just double click, if it is an exe file. then follow the onscreen instructions.
    Downloading a file does not install the program. This requires an additional step.

CurlyQ

ahhhh but listen! Ok- I d/led that file for IE5.5-- and it did it and everything, and then it copied it to my computer i guess, but after i got finish d/ling it - a folder came up on my computer and this is what it says.."IE 5.5 SP2 Full"-- And whenever I open it up, it just has a bunch of things i can click on- But I dont know what to do with this file-And it still didnt give me Internet 5.5-- AH Im so confused! I dont know what to do.....Give me easy directions, please! Haha Thanks a lot...

Super Moderator

Ok, then you unzipped the file, now look for the file named
    setup.exe, if there is not one, then look for an install.exe, or iesetup.exe