Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mardus

Yay. That gets AOL more AIM users, as Yahoo! has had a practice of shutting down users of older versions, I think, long before Microsoft.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Mardus@Sep 10 2003, 05:21 PM
    Yay. That gets AOL more AIM users, as Yahoo! has had a practice of shutting down users of older versions, I think, long before Microsoft.
    Not necessarily gets AOL more users, they might all decide to go to the Jabber service. or.. update their clients to MSN compliance and keep on rolling with their MSN.

I am using Easy Message Express http://www.easymessage.net/
    with MSN Messenger v2.2 and so far no hassles to upgrade.

Easy message is a unified instant messenger that provides support for ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, and AOL all at the same time. It is a small download with small memory size. Features include multiple simultaneous accounts, MSN style notification windows, chat emoticons, rich text formatting, enriched online status, mail notifications, typing notifications, hyperlink support, POP3 account e-mail notifications, group management, and an integrated contact list. There are no banner ads and it is free to download.
    Version 2.2 offers file transfer for MSN, AOL, ICQ, and Yahoo; group chatting for MSN, AOL, ICQ, and Yahoo; user blocking; offline messaging; snapping windows; and an updated look

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Barbara-Ann@Sep 11 2003, 05:49 PM
    Easy message is a unified instant messenger that provides support for ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, and AOL all at the same time.
    you can take a look at another posting, that I have compiled with multiple messenger clients that offer interoperabilty with Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, AOL, Jabber, Gadu-Gadu servers, and more. I think Easy Messaenger is listed as well. If not in that post, its on another post somewhere. The more clients people are aware of the more choices you get to make.

Know of any else not listed, let me know.
    http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=1238

bne

BASTARDS!!!
    i had msn 2.0 working on my computer(first time i could get messenger working cos i dont have explorer 4.0) but suddenly now it doesent work, wants me to install a new one...any way around this problem. i cant even reinstall it.

Matt

Yeah, I have the same problem. Started yesterday. I guess they changed the October 15 deadline.

npscott20

So here is my problem...I have been using MSN Messenger 4.6 for how long and now I have to upgrade to 6.0 but heres the thing, it will log me on and everything but then when I attempt to talk to someone it says an error has occured then I can eitehr "debug", "send error report", or "shut down" msn.
    So what I am suppose to do now? Is there any version I can use? Like I said 6.0 doesn't work maybe because my computer doesn't meet the system requirements. If anyone can help me, email me at npscott20@hotmail.com

I wish I would have read ahead of time, these posts and replies, before I started my own posts. The MSN messenger issue of being forced to use a newer version, I find is happening to everyone else. As I said in my post, the newer versions have too many bells and whistles. The older versions worked fine. The IM chat window in the newer one, you can't even minimize it to your specifications, because it contains so much crap. I don't need constant access to my chat buddies listing. Heck, just click on the icon in the time tray, if I want that info. I can't stand the newer versions of MSN messenger, and I really can't stand the fact, I am being forced to use what MSN thinks is best. Can't we go to their web-site and flood them with complaints??? [COLOR=blue]

****Nevermind, after reading countless other posts, I have realized I MAY be forced to use the new crap.****

tomuch4you83301

Here is my problem, I am running a very old came over on the Mayflower computer at my work. Where I have messenger 3.5 that I am able to keep in touch with my children on whom live in another country with a totally different time zone, so it is really been a god send that I am able to schedule my lunch time to chat with my children whom are in bed for the night after I get off work. So here comes forced upgrade that will not load on the Mayflower computer I have to work with. Is there anyway around upgrading. If you know please email me. Thanks so much!!!
    tomuch4you83301@hotmail.com

mrtroubles

i've heared that they r going to let the msn by money that what i've read in the news paper and emailed to from friends is that true...??