Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wordperfect

WP_Hero

I would like to request WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I have heard that Corel bought WordPerfect and made old versions of WP free. I would hope that it's true because I would LOVE to have a copy of WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS. That was one truly wonderful word processing program, and I would still use it today if I had it.

John Doe

You must buy it...

How to obtain WordPerfect for DOS
    WordPerfect for DOS is no longer marketed by Corel. Replacement and upgrade copies of WordPerfect 5.1+ for DOS may be bought legally from AlphaBest http://www.alphabest.com/Wordperfect/index.html (if the AlphaBest site is down, e-mail Carol Reese thewp51lady@alltel.net for ordering information; she will forward it to the person who handles the orders). A license number for WordPerfect is required, and it remains slightly unclear whether you need a 5.1+ license number or whether you can use the license number from a later version. The Alphabest site lists the name, e-mail address, and phone number of a person at Corel who can clarify this. (You may also want to get in touch with that person and ask him to authorize AlphaBest to sell copies of WPDOS 6.x.)

WordPerfect 6.x for DOS is harder to find, but copies of WPDOS 6.x and 5.x are frequently offered for auction on eBay. When bidding on eBay, read the product descriptions very carefully before bidding; some items are merely books about WordPerfect, not copies of the program itself. Note that packages marked "upgrade" may be installed on systems that do not have other versions of WordPerfect installed; "upgrade" packages have the same content as standard packages, but were priced differently.

aafuss

What about for non US users-alphabest only ships in the US?

Charles Livingston

B)
    I have the Microsoft Word 5.0 for DOS, does it work for you?
    If want it and have a large mailbox, mail me
    charles_livingston@hotmail.com
    h34r:

WP_HERO

That's ok. I'm looking for WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS. It's really the only old program that I'm interested in at the moment (though I wouldn't mind getting a hold of some of the old DOS versions of Lotus 1-2-3, but in my research, I've found that they're still being sold [but for a lot]).

Thanks for the offer though. I appreciate it.

Phoenix

I still have the installation disks for WP 5.1 (Dutch version)

Dunno of the install procedure still works (copied the disks to HD and that still works, so i presume that the files are not corrupt)

Gimma your e-mail adres if you want it

Phoenix

Ohhh just found the original 7 install diskettes (with license) for WP for DOS 6.0 english/UK (i can see on the back that these are from 1993!!

Those where the good old days!

Toedels

Phoenix

Yep, installation of 5.1 still works

I am amazed that after all this time the diskettes are still good.
    If you take into account that some brands CDROM's cant be read anymore after 2 years

Toedels

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Phoenix@Sep 14 2003, 07:49 AM
    Yep, installation of 5.1 still works

I am amazed that after all this time the diskettes are still good.
    If you take into account that some brands CDROM's cant be read anymore after 2 years

Toedels
    Yea, i hear alot of people saying how CDrom dont last more than 2 years, But i have yet to find that to be true. I have cd's i recorded in 1998, and I am still reading from them today.
    I also do have old Lotus 1-2-3 for OS/2 Warp 3 and the floppy disks work fine.
    I still have 5 1/4 "floppy", floppy disks that still work fine.
    you can even find old 1970's 8-track cassettes that work.
    I think its with anything, it depends on how well the material is taken care of by the posters claims.

Ritasc

I am looking for older versions of WORDPERFECT software - Version 6.0