Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: Which antivirus program do you use?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Norton

15 65.22%
  • Mac afee

8 34.78%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    TheBulbasaurfreak

Wow, Thanks Salopette!

Administrator

http://www.free-antivirus.co.uk/?source=ff norman antivirus excellent free antivirus program with free email support. i use it myself and find it very reliable
    simply me

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Salopette@Jan 18 2004, 06:25 AM
    There is eaven a free online virus scan:

http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/enterprise...usecall_pre.php
    Housecall is already in that listing

Salopette

Oh, sorry I didn't see that.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Salopette@Jan 19 2004, 04:51 AM
    Oh, sorry I didn't see that.
    Yes, this is why I pointed it out to you. Slow down and read the posts before you add to them. You don't need to add repeated info. This forum for the most part, deals with quality of postings, not the quantity of them.
    Your posting so quickly and creating new postings that really are not necessary. If your wanting to be a valued member of this site, that takes time, not by dumping post after post on the board that is not really doing anyone any good. In 3 days you have posted 30+ posts, alot of members have not even posted that many in months.
    And this post, and a couple more, goes to show, by your own words, your not trying to add helpful info, your just trying to get your post count high.

Salopette

Hey, locust! You didn't put this in your post:

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default...id=ie&venid=sym

It's a free online virus and thread scan of Symantec.

Super Moderator

No, because it was posted before by GoSlow in another Anti-Virus thread.

Salopette

Oh, I never get one right

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Salopette@Jan 19 2004, 12:35 PM
    Oh, I never get one right
    You should spend time reading through the MANY past postings before posting. There is a couple years worth of postings here. If you want to post something good, the only way is to read and read through previous postings. This is the way it is on ANY forum, when you become a member the first thing you want to do is read before participating.

If you read through many of the postings; a VERY GOOD IDEA, you will see very little chit chatting. If you want to chit chat with people, use a instant message service for this; they work extremely well in that area. if you want to help people by giving them accurate and useful answers, then do that. One line replies are not helping anyone with their problem or question, if someone does not have an answer, then they should not reply with wasteful filler.

Your first thought might be that I am making things difficult for you, and I am not. Keeping things on the forum clean, fast and to the point is alot of work. This site is not a chit-chat haven, it is want/give ask/receive pit-stop for most, very little filler info. This makes the forum extremely friendly to those who are looking for older apps; as they can get to the results quickly, without sorting through of a bunch of useless noise. And unlike many forums which are full of debating, which takes time and effort away from answering questions, this site gets and produces results without sidetracking users.

Impune

ZoneAlarm froze everything - several times - and I had to rebuild the C drive over and over again with the help of the local computer shop. i would never go near it again. Norton, on the other hand, is wonderful. Couldn't live with out it now. :blink: