Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: Which antivirus program do you use?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Norton

15 65.22%
  • Mac afee

8 34.78%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Originally posted by Impune@Jan 21 2004, 06:07 PM
    ZoneAlarm froze everything - several times - and I had to rebuild the C drive
    I was not aware Zonealarm is/was an anti-virus app, As far as i knew it has always been a firewall. Something change?
    If your system froze, and you had to reinstall everything, you should have learned then that it is very important to keep a good up to date backup of your system. any apps can do the same thing you experienced.
    Windows comes with a stock backup program that should be the minimum when it comes to backing up you data. and at the very least, backup your registry, it is extremely simple to do as well.

You can also use free anti-virus apps. Both of these subjects, firewalls and anti-viral apps can be found on the board. There many links for freebies also. and backing up has been touched upon in several areas, from backing-up whole systems to registry backups.

Another free online virus scanner from one of the "big houses" supports I.E. http://us.mcafee.com/

Hampus

I use AVG by Grisoft. (Installed, but not running all the time.)
    Once a week I also use an online (free) virus scanner like
    BitDefender and sometimes RAV.

I've found this to work VERY well; for the last six
    months I've been using this bunch of programs:
    + AVG
    + Zonealarm (without popup-/content filtering)
    + MyIE2 browser
    + CookieJar: http://www.jasons-toolbox.com/cookiejar.asp
    + Adaware (not running Ad-watch)
    + HTAstop: http://www.nsclean.com/freebies.html
    + SpywareBlaster:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
    + DCOMbobulator: http://grc.com/freepopular.htm

But, of course, it depends very much on the settings used.

Take care all!

/H

Locust's Daddy

locustfurnace is kind of a snooty sh.. eh? Relax not everyone can read every f**king post you dweeb.

Administrator

Originally posted by Locust's Daddy@May 12 2004, 12:47 AM
    locustfurnace is kind of a snooty shit eh? Relax not everyone can read every f**king post you dweeb.
    this kind of attitude will not get you any where mate,

TROLL ALERT,,,,,
    simply me

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Locust's Daddy@May 12 2004, 12:47 AM
    locustfurnace is kind of a snooty sh eh? Relax not everyone can read every f**king post you dweeb.
    Don't be angry cause you can't read. Just start little, with; "See troll run, run troll, run!" There you go, thats a sentence! If you could read that, you should give yourself a gold star. Everyone at Oldversion is now proud of you.
    But all honesty, if you can't read the posts, then you should go back to elementary school, since the language used in the post is not all that complex, or hire a tutor when your on the computer. Ofcourse with your garbage language used in your post, you probably have not even finished elementary school yet. Stick with it, I am sure it's tough and brain racking for you, maybe you will one day be out of grammer school.

Lt. Ed

Can we post codes here(such as a code for the home AVG)?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Lt. Ed@May 12 2004, 05:30 PM
    Can we post codes here(such as a code for the home AVG)?
    Serial codes? No. that is illegal under the DMCA. This site would be shut down quickly if it was hosting codes. The owner of the software title which serials were hosted for could file charges against the owners of OV for hosting such mechanism, which are illegal.

Angry Leprechaun

Ha ha. Grammer. Maybe locustfurnace will learn to spell? I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I learned to spell 'grammer' as 'grammar' when I was IN grammar school. I believe they also taught me that its YOU'RE not YOUR when you say something like "when your on the computer." Oh, and its brain wracked, like stressed; it is not racked, like hitting your genitals on something ("he racked his balls") or setting up a game of billiards ("he racked the balls").

And the guy has got a point. Literacy has nothing to do with it. Most of us don't have the time to read years of posts and respond to every freaking one of them. How many posts do you have, locust? Almost 2000? What exactly DO you do? Are you even employed? Or is THIS your job... to harass us normal people who have lives?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Angry Leprechaun@May 13 2004, 01:37 AM
    Or is THIS your job... to harass us normal people who have lives?
    Yes, THIS is my job, to harass people who come to this site. Since after all we know how your forced to come here. Its not like you have a choice in the matter.
    If you dont like the way the site is run. Chase your rainbows and pot o gold elsewhere's.