Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: Which antivirus program do you use?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Norton

15 65.22%
  • Mac afee

8 34.78%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Here are two links to antivirus products that are free for home use if anyone is interested. I've used AVAST and it seems to work fine. I believe that I also tried the other, but I'm not sure.

ttp://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

http://www.avast.com/

Additionally, I used to use F-Prot for windows which seemed a fine product. I however object to paying $30-$50 for the product, then the next year another $20-$30 for a years worth of updates. I feel "ripped off", whether it is true or not.

Currently I'm using Norton, but when my 3 month subscription runs out I'll likely go to a "free for home use product".

Antivir, not the Grisoft product is the other program I used. It's link is below. Of the two, ( Avast/Antivir ) I liked Antivir better. I seemed to have more control with it.

http://www.free-av.com/

For the record, I received a 3 month free trial of Norton Antivirus 2004 edition. Instead of waiting until mid November when the subscription to Norton runs out, I decided to download and install Antivir on my windowsXP system.
    It seems to be up and running fine.
    By by subscription fees.

chester_ting

at the moment im using vet anti-virus. i am liking it.

www.vet.com.au

Default Re :

Antivirus is very important software to prevent your PC form virus. Virus can harm your computer partially and sometimes eternally. Having antivirus is all about defensive and conservation important data and in order from commotion, destruction and data stealing.Here Cheap AntiVirus you can get best antivirus software’s.

Release Candiate 2

Default you call these antivirus?

Hello first of alll I happen to use AVG Prov9.0
    in beta testing at the moment
    second of alll Mcafee died when they went to pay for to use after a 30 day trial I already pay for internet there are enough programs out there to not have to pay for anything.......
    Norton all I can say is I am not interested in aprogrma that cant recognize half fo the current threats and asks you to scan your recycle bin before dumping it this is retarded and when I tested it last year and it asked me that its exactly what I put inthe beta testers report, you are already losign access to any viral data by dumping the bin why waste the time?
    also Norton has screwed up enough programs onthe mahcines i have worked on to not trust it
    I replac eit with AVG whenever possible

btw NASA uses AVG so if they can run mission critical on their machines its good enough for me

Default Need a low cost antivirus to protect my computer?

I am Garcia, I am a photographer. As I am a photographer and I am maintaining all my data in my computer and I have an internet connection too.From last two three weeks I am facing a problem that my computer is not working properly and it use to hang more time. Is this due to virus? I have spent lot of time on internet but I am hopeless. So, please help to get any information as soon as possible.

Default Please Help!! Need a good antivirus.

I am looking for websites which can help me improve my computers speed and protect it from viruses and other things which harms computer. It should be effective, affordable and complete solutions. Please help my to suggest any of the website anyone knows so that they can help me to improve my computer’s reliability.
    Thanks in advance!!!!
    Last edited by the gaffer; 10-26-2009 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Moved to existing thread