Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Newsleecher

Default Newsleecher

Program Name: Newsleecher
    Current version: 3.7 Final
    Desired versions: Anything crackable.
    Description: a program which downloads articles from newsgroups.
    Last edited by neox; 11-18-2006 at 04:57 AM.

Administrator

not a good start,if you want to make a request then please follow the pinned topic for making a request,as far as anything crackable this will greatly REDUCE your chances of getting any help,this site is not about that kind of thing and it is not condoned by the owners/members here,members find files and the site deals with freeshare shareware/demo versions for you to try,if you try an app and like it then BUY it from the developers.
    simply me

Yes indeed, we do not condone any software piracy and believe it is important for our users to support the software industry. This is NOT intended for users who want to pirate software, but rather for the alleviation of control.

We believe it's important for our users to simply help out when needed for Old Versions of software, because not everyone's computer is the new Windows Vista Operating System compatible. Most of our audience is from the South America's, and lots from Africa and a lot from undeveloped nations. Therefore, the purpose of this site is to help with old versions for anyone that might require them.
    Alex Levine
    OldVersion.com
    Helper

Super Moderator

Freeware Newsreaders
    • http://pan.rebelbase.com/
      Pan is a Usenet newsreader that's good at both text and binaries. It supports offline reading, scoring and killfiles, yEnc, NZB, and multiserver. It's also the only Unix newsreader to get a perfect score on the Good Net-Keeping Seal of Approval evaluations. It runs on *nix, Mac OS X, and Windows,

• http://www.bnr2.org/
      BNR is a news reader software specifically tailored for binary articles (articles from alt.binaries.* newsgroups, for example).

Release Candiate 1

Which version of GTK+ 2 RE do i need for Pan 0.14.2 under XP-SP2? GTK+ 2.10.6 doesnt work for me. Im getting the error "This application has failed to start because libintl-1.dll was not found". I tried the beta of Pan, but IMHO its too buggy, so i want to try the latest stable version. Thanks for advices!

Super Moderator

I do not know which works under XP. I have only run BNR2 under XP and it works good.

Release Candiate 1

Do you use the latest beta of BNR?

Release Candiate 1

Got missing dll file, You might be lucky to replace it try dll files at http://www.dll-files.com/

Release Candiate 1

Thanks for the tip, Win2kPro!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeu View Post
    Do you use the latest beta of BNR?
    I personally do not use BNR2 under MS Windows. I do run it daily under Slackware though. I installed it for my friend, on her laptop, she's been using it for a few years now. Not too many problems.