Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS Works

ctg

I need a copy of MsWorks.Not the 3.0 version it want work in 98SE.Maybe 4.0 or 5.0 might be abondonware.Not sure if MsWorks Suite 99 is abandonware yet or not.

Super Moderator

Originally posted by ctg@Sep 14 2003, 08:58 PM
    I need a copy of MsWorks.Not the 3.0 version it want work in 98SE.Maybe 4.0 or 5.0 might be abondonware.Not sure if MsWorks Suite 99 is abandonware yet or not.
    there is no Microsoft product that is "abandonware", Microsoft retains the copyright, whether the product is 2 or 10 yers old.
    Abandonware is not a legal status, it is a made up status for old apps no longer maintained. alot of people confuse older software with this so called "Abandonware." While there is no legal standing to the term abandonware.

Alot of people confuse this so called "abandonware" with "Public Domain",
    does it apply to software? that would depend most likely with the author os said software and not on what people assume to be.

But you can be certain no Microsoft software falls under the "abandonware" status.
    if you want to be certain, write a friendly email to MS asking them if the title you requested falls under "abandonware" status

otherwise, the product falls under retail apps. even if you cant buy it in a retail store. So sharing the programs with others would be illegal

ctg

Wht the heck doese this site exsist then :blink: ?Is all that software on the first page illlegal?

Super Moderator

Originally posted by ctg+Sep 14 2003, 11:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ctg @ Sep 14 2003, 11:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Wht the heck doese this site exsist then :blink: ?Is all that software on the first page illlegal? [/b]

where is a single Retail app on the "first" page?? point out a single app that is non shareware, or freeware.
    not a single app on the homepage is illegal, it is all freeware, you should have read the FAQs before you signed up for something.

<!--QuoteBegin--http://oldversion.com/faq.php

Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
    This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.
    [/quote]

ctg

Ok Smarty&#33;

Super Moderator

Originally posted by ctg@Sep 15 2003, 03:41 PM
    Ok Smarty&#33;
    No, not being a smarty, just saying. Had you read the FAQs, you then would have known, that there are no retail apps hosted on this site.

ctg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
    :huh: :lol: B) <_< :angry:

Originally posted by post practice/not me
    Wht the heck doese this site exsist then
    I study my navel I watch & learn ------- sloooooooowly :-)

Super Moderator

Originally posted by Goslow+Sep 17 2003, 06:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goslow @ Sep 17 2003, 06:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--post practice/not me
    Wht the heck doese this site exsist then
    I study my navel I watch & learn ------- sloooooooowly :-) [/b][/quote]
    Are you seeking a program to assist you in your endeavours, Goslow?
    I am sure there is a program which can help speed up the process of navel knowledge, for the navel-knowledge seekers.

tigerpilot

I need MS works version 4. I have a database file of addresses etc. .WDB that I need to make mailing labels for. The seem to have taken out the labels feature in more recent versions of works...and I don&#39;t think there is any way I can &#39;import&#39; this file into any other label program.
    Thanks, Don