Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Typing Tutor

Craig S.

when I was a youth (e.g. late 1980s) i learned to type using this fabulous DOS program called (i believe) Typing Tutor. of course it is impossible to track down now. any hints on how i could find this wonderful program?

KC4

Typing Tutor - ... This program helps you improving your typing skills by playing a simple game: ... The source code for Typing tutor can be freely downloaded here. ...
    http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~rvirga/TypingTutor.html

Intro to Computer Typing Tutor class disk. PC-Learn is a tutorial system (DOS & PC Tips)
    This DOS bases typing tutor is used to teach or improve typing skills. Allows for multiple users. This DOS based program will work under most operating systems. Fits on a floppy disk! DOS, 9x, NT Freeware (not tested but I think it is actually honor system/shareware)

Default softrware

Quote Originally Posted by Craig S. View Post
    when I was a youth (e.g. late 1980s) i learned to type using this fabulous DOS program called (i believe) Typing Tutor. of course it is impossible to track down now. any hints on how i could find this wonderful program?
    i wnat to the typing master software full version free ok send my id thanks freind.

Quote Originally Posted by KC4
    Typing Tutor - ... This program helps you improving your typing skills by playing a simple game: ... The source code for Typing tutor can be freely downloaded here. ...
    http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~rvirga/TypingTutor.html
    This sucks!

You have to enter every letter IN ORDER as it drops,kinda hard!!

I slowed it down to slowest speed and i think i completed one round,not sure
    Last edited by The Dude; 12-31-2007 at 05:27 PM.