Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the OldVersion.com Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Default connecting computer internal cables

a friend disconnected the cables in my computer and put a cd burner in my computer they did not come back and reconnect the cables and a computer place wants to charge me $50 to connect the cables can someone tell me how to connect the cables i have a cd rom a drive and cd burner and hard drove i am not familiar with computers to know what the cables come from to connect to each if the items i listed so it would help if there were pictures that show where the cables come from and go to each of the items the items in my computer are like this
    cd burner top
    cd rom
    floppy
    hard drive
    two grey cables are connected to mother board one has a connector on both ends and one in the middle

Administrator

if you look at the motherboard it will perhaps have these marked as ide1 and ide2 connect the ide 1 cable to your hard drive and ide 2 to the cd drives bear in mind the cd drives will have a small jumper in the back and one will need to be set as master and the other as slave,as far as the floppy drive goes it is a different sized connector and you cannot get the wrong one but you can in some cases get it upside down.
    simply me